Monday, November 14, 2011

EWOT: A Deconstruction of Communication and Dishonesty

Ever since I entered this school, I knew that it would be in my interest to make as many friends as possible. From there on, it evolved to meeting many of my colleagues as possible. And now, it's an improved filter by meeting acquaintances who are trying to reach the common goal; get an outstanding GPA for Graduate School. These transitions did not morph overnight. Universities have becomes the students deconstruction of reality. What I'm trying to mention is that subtly, I believe people do not notice how much of an impact each one of us has on each other by communication.
Without communication, the goal of approaching an A in economics would be discrete. I don't want to beat a dead horse by saying this but the dishonesty for the exams is a prime example that has not escaped my mind. By cheating on the exam, one disrupts his communication with everyone and takes it upon himself to anchor the class into a pile driver.  Not only do we miss a class of recitation but we all placed under suspicion for cheating which can be counter intuitive with learning Economics 108. Just as Professor Rizzo said in one of his earlier lectures," self sufficiency shall only be your prime downfall to poverty." Except in this case there would be a sticky note on top of that quote saying, "unless you are a group of students who are pursuing the common goal of acing Rizzo's Economics class."

No comments:

Post a Comment