Saturday, November 26, 2011

EWOT - "The Bank Account Merchant"

Today as I was buying a winter coat, I noticed something very odd. When the website I purchased my item from, it gave me an error. Not only did it inform me of this error, it proceeded to take money from my bank account as if the purchase was completed. I proceeded to talk to customer service and my bank account and both can agree that the "merchant" has yet to review the transaction and remove it from the history of my bank account. But this as many things in life, take a couple of business days for it to happen. By waiting however, one loses the flavor of even trying to buying online because they end up losing the money from their bank account to use for other things such as buy groceries. I could understand that without this transaction, the store can easily take more from my bank account than I permit them to get however the way they allow the card transaction first without completely knowing if it would give shoppers an error. Will I continue to buy online however? Yes I will because moving from my buzzem to get to a store is much more of a cost than having my order sent to my door with just a click away.

No comments:

Post a Comment