Saturday, September 17, 2011

EWOT: Water

It has just come to my attention that LoveJoy as a dormitory has no water fountains. Being that I'm stuck in my room doing work, I wanted to discuss my different options in obtaining water and what choice is economically better to decide on.

The three choices are as follows to have drinking water: One can by packs of water bottles from the Hillside Market. What I benefit in this is that I get the water of my preference and always have a large quantity in my room so I could avoid making trips to get water. This reduces the time I could be using making the trips to get the water and use it on catching up on my readings or even taking a shower. The problem with it is that it's limited, in which I reduce the amount of declining which could be used for better things, such as late night snacks and Meliora dishes.
The next option is to go to Wilson Commons (The Pit) and retain water in large cups. The great thing about this option is that the water is free and I couldn't drink as much as I need. The problem is that I can only carry two cups everyday. Although it's closer to my dormitory than the Hillside Market, it is also a trip that is not taken often. If I go to the Pit, I'm already eating a meal. Since the Pit has changed to declining, avoiding the Pit has become essential. There is only a limited amount of declining to spurge and then the the only options left is Danforth and Douglass.
Finally, my last option is to go to dorms around my dormitory and fill up bottles of water and head back to my room in that order. The problem with that is going to these different dorms everyday trying to take the water that they have not being stared down by a bunch of freshman. In a sense of uncomfortable meetings, it would be wise to avoid this option.
The quality of water also diminishes from each option as the first option leaves me with premium water made for drinking, the second option with water and Nestea Iced Tea flavor, and finally the water from other dormitories which taste like pure iron. In all, I find that all these options are difficult to make all in one but the best option might be to make a trip to the Pit every once and a while and get two cups of water. Then when I go out, I try to stack more and more on the water. This water is not as bad as the water from the dormitories and it also saves declining which I will definitely need to eat on campus (Danforth is a last option).

No comments:

Post a Comment