Friday, October 7, 2011

Theaters and Fine Arts (October 7th, 2011)

The main idea behind the article is to discuss how to government wants to subsidize art in the economy. The problem with that is two things; there is a fear the government would subsidize the paintings and sculptures in private sectors and gain the money for themselves. But also, if the government was to subsidized it, there would be sadness among the creators of those fine pieces of art. For example, if the government wanted to subsidize central park then people would lose the feeling to spend time walking around with their family at the park. It would be meaningless and sad to see things that used to be an enjoyment to others taken away from the them. I know that I like walking with my friends to the park but if the government were to subsidize that park, I wouldn't walk with the same incentive than I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment